BY JPDSUMMERS24
I admit I always have a tendency to procrastinate. Without the pressure of time, I oftentimes go with the flow. Apparently, recent circumstances taught me a valuable lesson when to act or not on some things.
Firstly, there was this one time I've been very down. I was very troubled physically, mentally and emotionally. I didn't ask to be in this predicament but it felt like all the stars aligned to gang up on me. I wanted to do something drastic and I wanted to do it as soon as possible. But, I took a deep breath and decided to wait for a little bit. And somehow, everything sorted out on its own. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but it just did - and I did nothing - except what I will reveal later.
More recently, I was in the same scenario yet again. And because of what happened last time, I was waiting for another automatic solution. I was dead wrong. I failed continuously. I tried again several times, and even wasted time, money, effort - but nothing progressed. I was frustrated. It might not show but I was actually panicking emotionally. Eventually, after several grueling weeks, the problem was solved.
What's the difference? Why did everything go smoothly the first time without me acting on it? And why nothing happened the second time? There is one thing we should know, accept and understand: we cannot control everything. There is "Someone" who is in control, and it's not us.
There is but one thing I did in all of these - I prayed to God. However, there is something lacking: I felt so small and insignificant that I wasn't confident my prayers were heard. Then, it dawned me that I am not in control simply because I should not be.
"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walks to direct his steps."
Jeremiah 10:23
"A man's heart devises his way: but the Lord directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9
That "Someone" is the Lord God. It's plain and simple. He is in control. It's like riding in a car and He is your driver.
So do we have to do something? Yes, of course, but we have to realize that everything is still under the will of God.
In His time, because His timing is perfect.
"And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in his own power."
Acts 1:7
"Yea, since the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who can hinder it?"
Isaiah 43:13
But why did God take time? Were His actions delayed? Never! We just think it's delayed. God's timing is perfect. And it's so perfect that it gave me time to realize the reason why everything happened the way it did.
Without spilling the beans on my first problem, I needed not to act on it and it sorted out on its own due to the fact that the other person involved incriminated itself. All it needed was a certain amount of time to unfold the way it should be.
"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is."
I Corinthians 3:13
"For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad."
Luke 8:17
The second one is more on self-improvement and empowerment because I have been idle for too long. I've always opted to choose the easy way. I need to grow, and not to be stagnant. I need to realize the importance of my own security.
"Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needs."
Ephesians 4:28
"For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."
II Thessalonians 3:10
Another reason is that I might've neglected things I thought was irrelevant. I am now aware of the importance of all the people around me and how everyone helped and supported me in this difficult time. I should learn to be grateful, give back and pay forward.
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
I Thessalonians 5:18
"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"
Ephesians 5:20
In the end, what we all need is to understand the will of God. And, to accept the fact that while we are powerless to control everything, we should always do our very best and be confident in our faith in God that He will direct our steps towards good.
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
Other people might've trodded much easier paths, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't want to compare. Perhaps, there is something else expected of me, and more. And regardless of what it is, I will just bow down and submit myself to God's will.
To God be the glory!
~ JPDSummers24 ~
Read: Controversy eXtraordinary
Visit: MCGI website
Bible App: Omega Digi Bible
YouTube: The Old Path

Brilliant. To GOD be all thanksgiving and glory. Salamat po sa Dios
ReplyDelete